Can you feel it?
Building and construction projects are on the rise, especially here in Florida. I could spout statistical data about new home starts, increased permit applications and falling unemployment, but all you really need to do is look around.
For major-metro regions in Florida, including Jacksonville, FL; Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, FL; Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL; Tallahassee, FL; and Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL, the BidClerk Construction Index™ (BCI) reported that there was a 39.8% increase in construction projects that were actively bidding. Private construction activity increased 5.4% and public construction increased as well, rising 66.7%.
Here are 10 simple signs that indicate increased construction activity.
1. The line at the lunch counter. Come on guys! Let the girl in the blue suit get some tater logs.
2. Traffic has more shiny new trucks with freshly lettered signage and fewer trucks sporting do it yourself style body work over ghosted out lettering from the former owner’s defunct business.
3. Fewer economic naysayers bemoaning the banks, government, useless business partners, the Tampa Bay Bucanneers, and even fruit rats for everything wrong in the world. They’ve gone back to work!
4. Local hardware stores have gone back to hiring useless teenagers because the contractors who took shelter there (temporary employment) have gone back to their own businesses.
5. Banks have real live bankers in them, and sometimes they use the word “loan” without putting little quotes in the air with their fingers first, as if it were some fictional concept.
6. Giant cranes are on the skyline in Tampa, and I don’t mean Sandhills!
7. Construction barricade barrels are everywhere. Driving downtown is like a rodeo barrel race. Git along little caution orange doggie.
8. Increased upward mobility in the portable toilet business. In fact, many are outstanding in their field.
9. Occupancy rates in commercial space have improved, and rumor has it, many contain renters and not just squatters.
…and our favorite sign?
10. The ringing phone on my desk. Someone else looking for workers’ compensation right away!
Contact SB Recommend for more information on Tampa Workers’ Compensation
If you want an agent who listens first and is willing to spend time helping you evaluate and compare providers, please call today at 1-877-426-6320 for an appointment.